Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day Two





Haleigh had an OK day today. She had two sessions of therapy. She was not very cooperative the 2ND session. She is very irritable and grumpy one minute and happy and playing the next minute. The doctors say that it is the pain medicine and it is something that we are going to have to deal with for now. She had her IV, catheter and epidural removed today. Needless to say it has been a LONG day. She threw up before dinner, and refused to get in the shower, so Haleigh had her first bed bath today. We may be able to go home Thursday or Friday, it all depends on how therapy goes and when we feel comfortable enough caring for her at home. Please continue to pray that we have a smooth day tomorrow.

PS. I had a baby doll, coloring book, and portable DVD player thrown at me today.....I guess it is par for the course!!!

5 comments:

  1. She looks great. Hang in there, it's just the meds acting out.
    love, Nancy Nurse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell-o there! You look very sweet laying in that bed. I bet you are working your Mom and Dad. You do good on your therapy and have a good day tomorrow. We are thinking about you and the prayers are with you.
    HUGGS & KISSES from Brandt and Ms. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please add our prayers to the list. Be strong and trust in God that everything will happen as it should and someday you will look back and your best memory of this time will be the love, concern and prayers of your family and friends. God bless us all.
    Love, Aunt Sylvia and Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I can confirm that meds will make a person a Jeckyl & Hyde. Paul was that and a crazy person too after his many surgeries.
    She looks really good. I bet she is having trouble sleeping with that halo on, huh?
    Isn't it fun when your kids abuse you. LOL!! You know she doesn't mean it and loves mommy.
    Try to have patience with her, though it can be hard.
    Give Buggy smooches and tell her we love her.

    Paul, Deb & Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honey, I hope Haleigh will not continue to throw things at you. I know you would not allow her to do that under other circumstances. Soft hugs for you all, from our home. Wish I could give you some in person. Linda

    ReplyDelete