Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day One

Well Folks it was definately a LONG night but thanks to benadryl and pain medicine about 6:00 this morning we finally got some sleep. Doctor came in about 7:00 and said that today would be the worst day she was going to have. He said she was starting therapy today and that it was going to be very painful and to get ready!!! Boy was he wrong. Our little bug got up out of bed today!!!! She made us so proud and they could not believe she was doing so well. They are very impressed with her progress so far and hopefully she will continue to do well. Believe it or not she is more upset because she cannot put her clothes on. The medicine is making her itch, she can't get comfortable, and she is very irritable and fussy this evening so please pray that she will have a better night and gets some relief soon. Thank You all for keeping up with her and for all of your thoughts and prayers. I will post pics soon!!

13 comments:

  1. Well, we all know how strong headed and independent she is. She will be running down the halls before you know it.
    I hope you get some rest tonight, but that isn't very likely in hospitals.
    I think they like to torment you when you are there and figure if they can't sleep, neither can you. LOL
    Tell her we are checking on her and give her kisses.
    Love
    Paul Debbie & Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well tell her that mr rick said Hurry Haleigh Bug HurryHurryHurry!!!!! (just kidding)Our prayer are with her and you guys as well.Keep your spirits up it is all up hill now. God bless all of you always. Love Rick,Teena & Luke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Go Haleigh!!! That is so awesome!! I'm praying for a good night.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are resilleient little people! God will only prove that more and more as the days pass. No matter what the dr's say or what the recovery time is suppose to be....I am telling you she will do better, quicker and keep surprising you each day!
    Tell her I miss her and love her bunches!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that!!! Yeah Haleigh and yeah God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOO HOO!!!!What a great way to begin your recovery. I hope each day you will get stronger and your pain will be less and less.I hope you all have a great night and get some zzzzzz.Our prayers our with you. Brandt and I know you are a very sweet lil girl. We will check on you tomorrow. Hugs and Kisses from Ms. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds soo good. I knew she would do it. Love to you all. Aunt Jim

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad that she is doing better. Try and get rest!! If you need anything at all please let me know. Give Bug a big hug from Drake and I. Take care.

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are so proud of you Haleigh. We cant wait to see your smiling face this weekend. Sarah asks me everyday if it is time to come and see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Rachel and David, hope all is going good with Haleigh today, she sure sounds like a strong little girl. I too at a young age went through a difficult bone surgery on my ankle, and yes the recovery was hard but so worth it in the end, I will definitely pray for you guys and Haleigh, she is such a beautiful girl and I know will come through this with God given healing and great results.

    Kathryn Oliva (Kat)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such supportive parents! I love you all so much. I hope drugs will give you and Haleigh both a good nights sleep.
    Linda Ross

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tell H-Bug Mamma Crystal said to hurry up and get better soon! As Mr. Rick says...HURRY, HURRY, HURRY!!! Crawfish is back at the Shack so she's gotta get better quick! Remind her to not be "inappropriate" up there with no clothes on running around the hospital! LOL!! Inside joke but I know you all with get it!

    Love you guys and I'm still waiting on a call to tell me I need to do something!!!!!

    Love Mark, Crystal and Tanner Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope all is going better and that Haleigh is resting. She seems to be a strong little girl. I will keep you all in my prayers.

    Sarah Makin Craigen

    ReplyDelete