Monday, November 30, 2009

Hanging in there

Haleigh was out of surgery around 10:00 and in her room around 12:00. The doctor said the surgery went very well was very pleased with the outcome of the surgery. She has been very restless and asking to go home. She wants the halo off of her leg, she says it is too heavy. Over all she is doing okay. Please continue to pray for her to adjust to having this halo on her leg. She is in some pain but this was expected - we only hope that the pain subsides as time goes on. I believe that she expected to wake up and her leg would be fixed. The more she wakes up the more she realizes that this is different and she does not understand that this is a 5 or 6 month process. Rachel and I had our moment as she went into surgery but we now feel much better that she is awake and responsive. She is crying now but she just received some more pain medicine and I would expect her to doze back off in a few minutes. Thank you to the friends and family that came and sat with Rachel and I while she was in surgery. Your support meant the world to us and the conversation with you guys helped to take our minds off the surgery for the time you were here. We would also like to thank everyone for the supportive phone calls. Thanks again for every ones support and prayers and we love you all.

P.S. She fell back asleep before I could finish typing. She is resting now. - OOOPS I spoke to soon, she is awake again. It's going to be a long night.

David & Rachel

22 comments:

  1. I can promise you that she will learn to adapt to her "new" leg attachment. Linda Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Shaver Family. I am glad the surgery was successful. Our family is still praying for a peaceful recovery and pain relief. If you need anything at all you can get a hold of me at 630-567-6591.
    Love, Danielle along with the Smith Clan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the surgery went well. She is still in our prayers as well as the rest of your family. Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Shaver family! I am so glad to hear that Haleigh is out of surgery and doing well. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this with your precious baby. I know this has been weighing on your hearts for some time, but I hope she makes it through with a speedy recovery. I love you all and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Thanks for keeping us updated.
    Love always, Stacey and Rob Arabie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel,

    I am so glad to hear that Haleigh's surgery was a success and will continue to pray for her recovery to be as quick and painless as possible. I also pray that you and David find strength and comfort in knowing that God is looking out for your little girl.

    Good Bless all of you,

    Debbie Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to hear everything went well. I know Haleigh will adjust - I'll keep praying! Please let me know if you need anything.
    Love,
    Kim Padgett

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear the surgery went well. When she can have visitors Autumn and I want to come see her. I will continue to pray for yall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Coach David, my son Chris Cole was on the texans, I had the exact same procedure in 2006. I had it for 9 months. It will be praying for Haleigh. I know first hand the stuggles that go along with having the fixator on your leg..
    My thought are with your family.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear the surgery went well. Hang in there, all the anesthesia and narcotics are going to make her not her self. I am praying for you guys.
    Love,
    Nurse Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super glad to hear that Haleigh did so well! David and Rachel just remember that God is on your side and Haleigh will understand how important this is one day. I will continue to keep you and your whole family in my prayers and thoughts.
    Always,
    Kasey Pattillo Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please let Bug know how much Miss Neva loves her. I will continue to pray for all of you. My thoughts are about you constantly. If there is anything I can do to make this difficult transision any easier please let me know. I love you brother and sister.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey guys- I'm so glad you started the blog so we can all keep up with you and know how to pray. My heart goes out to all of you. Lots of love from the Dickersons.

    ~ang

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad the operation was a success. I'm sending a BIG hug from us to all of you. Let me know if there's anything I can do. Sending our love ... Aunt Janis and Uncle Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh! So glad the surgery went well. I am sorry that you all have to go through this.
    YOu are in our daily thoughts and prayers.
    Love you all,
    Gwen and Chad Norris

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope the night was better than expected!! stil praying...:)
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet precious girl (((Haleigh)). I am praying for our merciful God to ease her pain in this whole process. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey there Shaver family, Glad to hear Haleigh's surgery was a success. We will keep praying for a speeding recovery for her! Hang in there...

    Monte & Tiffany Campbell

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad to hear the good news of a successful surgery! God is good! Although, He is always good, no matter what comes our way, good or bad! Isn't it sweet to know we can rest in Him no matter what our circumstances? Please tell Haleigh that I will think of her and pray for her while I paint the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We have been praying for yall as a family, we all know prayer in numbers is awesome!! Last night when I said "Ok yall say your prayers" Blake started in with "Now I lay me" and Brooke said "No not tonight we are doing something different, Mom is Haleigh still in the hospital?" Of course I said yes and she proceeded to pray for yall for about 10 minutes. My point is even with the little bits yall are a constant on our minds and we are thinking and praying for yall!!
    JoAnn Kuritz

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad to hear that the surgery was a success. We have been praying for Haleigh and the family. We will continue to pray for a speeding recovery.

    Blessings,
    Marshall, April, Hunter, and Kendyll Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  21. rachel, i'm not real sure what all is going on but i hope it all gets better. many thoughts and prayers sent ur way.
    love and miss ya, candice

    ReplyDelete